Do you wish to convert your WordPress website into another language for your visitors? You’re in the right spot.
Today, we’ll discuss the best free WordPress Plugins for language switcher. We’ll explore at their characteristics, pros, and cons to help you choose the best pick for your website.
WordPress is used by millions of non-English websites all over the world. WordPress enables you to build websites in whatever language you like.
WordPress does not, however, already have the ability to build multilingual websites.
Thanks to certain strong WordPress translation plugins, you may quickly add multilingual content to your website.
So, let’s start with Free WordPress Plugins for Language Switcher
List of Free WordPress Translation Plugins
The following are our top recommendations for the finest WordPress multiple languages plugins for effortlessly translating your complete website.
1. Loco Translate
3. Google Website Translator
Now we’ll see their characteristics, pros, and cons to help you choose the best pick for your website.
1. Loco Translate
Loco Translate is a simple user interface translation tool with one column for source strings and another for translation.
Loco Translate provides in-browser editing of WordPress translation files and integration with automatic translation services.
It also provides Gettext/localization tools for developers, such as extracting strings and generating templates.
- Built-in translation editor within WordPress admin
- Integration with translation APIs including DeepL, Google, Microsoft and Lecto AI
- Create and update language files directly in your theme or wordpress plugin
- Extraction of translatable strings from your source code
- Native MO file compilation without the need for Gettext on your system
- Support for PO features including comments, references and plural forms
- PO source view with clickable source code references
- Protected language directory for saving custom translations
- Configurable PO file backups with diff and restore capability
- Built-in WordPress locale codes
Polylang is another another effective wordpress plugin for quickly creating a multi – language or third language WordPress site.
It includes a user-friendly interface that makes it simple to create translations for your pages, articles, widgets, and more.
Maintain consistent site performance with Polylang fully integrated into WordPress and using only its built-in core features (taxonomies), and develop a multilingual site featuring from one extra language to ten or more depending on your demands.
There is no restriction on how many languages can be added, and WordPress’ language packs are downloaded automatically as soon as they are prepared.
Depending on the type of site you have built or are planning to build, a combination of wordpress plugins from the list below might be of interest.
All plugins include a wizard allowing to install them in just a few clicks.
3. Google Website Translator
Google Website Translator is another wordpress plugin that allows you to translate your website’s content using the Google Translate API.
It makes use of the standard Google Translate button, which you can place anywhere on your website.
This plugin brings the power of Google’s automatic translation service to translate your website into 100+ languages. A simple and complete multilingual solution for WordPress.
- Easy set up, including simple settings with inline help that everybody can understand.
- Include all the 3 inline and all the 4 tabbed styles.
- Select the available languages.
- Use it as a widget and as a shortcode.
- Practically null impact on page loads.
- Import/Export settings to easily transfer configurations
GTranslate is a WordPress plugin that uses Google Translation. It instantly establishes a connection with the Google Translate API and can retrieve translations for any languages that are supported.
You can quickly translate your web pages by adding a language switcher, or you can have material translated for you based on the language of the user’s browser.
- Free Google automatic machine translation
- Hides “Suggest better translation” pop-up
- Hides Google top frame after translation
- Mouse over effect
- Google Analytics integration
- Translate website on the fly
- Translate posts and pages
- Translate categories and tags
- Menus and widgets translation
- Themes and plugins translation
- Right to left language support
- Google language translator widget
- Auto-switch language based on browser defined language
- Available styles Dropdown, Flags, Flags with dropdown, Nice dropdown with flags, Flags with language names, Flags with language codes, Language names, Language codes, Globe, Popup
- Floating language selector
- Language bar with flags in menu
- WooCommerce shop translation
A premium version of the plugin is also available, which enables you to select SEO-friendly URLs and enable search engines to index your translated material.
TranslatePress is a free and open source WordPress translation plugin. The interface makes it simple to translate the entire website at once, including output from shortcodes, forms, and page builders. With WooCommerce, it also functions right out of the box.
- Translate all your website content directly from the front-end, in a friendly user interface (translations are displayed in real-time).
- Fully compatible with all themes and plugins
- Live preview of your translated pages, as you edit them.
- Image translation support, for translating images, sliders and other media.
- Support for both manual and automatic translation
- Ability to translate dynamic strings (gettext) added by WordPress, plugins and themes.
- Integrates with Google Translate, allowing you to set up Automatic Translation using your own Google API key.
- Translate larger html blocks by merging strings into translation blocks.
- Place language switchers anywhere using shortcode [language-switcher], WP menu item or as a floating dropdown.
- Editorial control allowing you to publish your language only when all your translations are done
- Conditional display content shortcode based on language [trp_language language=”en_US”] English content only [/trp_language]
- Possibility to edit gettext strings from themes and plugins from English to English, without adding another language. Basically a string-replace functionality.
- Translate only certain paths and exclude content from being translated
- Translation Block feature in which you can translate multiple html elements together
- Native Gutenberg support, so you can easily translate Gutenberg blocks
- Out of the box WooCommerce compatibility
- Use our FREE Website Translation tool/widget to browse any website into your own language.
Video Guide for TranslatePress:
Our Preferred WordPress Language Switcher Plugin
If you need a multi – language WordPress plugin to manually translate material on your website, we recommend TranslatePress.
It is very user-friendly for beginners and relatively simple to use, even for people who have no prior experience managing multilingual websites.
It is SEO and performance optimised, two advantages that will eventually help your business.
End of WordPress Language Switcher Plugins
We really hope that this article was helpful in your search for the top WordPress translation plugins for your multi – language website. Check out the Top 5 Free WordPress Plugins as well.
If you enjoyed this blog, please spread the word and leave a comment below.